Sunday 29 March 2015

Beauty: Sensationail Gel Kit
___________________________________________________

Just after Christmas I thought I'd treat myself to the gel at home nail kit, because well, as you know I love doing my nails and my friend persuaded me to try it out. 
Because there was a deal at the time for 10% off the website and 12 colours for the price of 8, I kind of went over board!
But anyway I thought I'd do a review of the gel kit, considering I've had it a couple of months. 

*Application: 3/5
To apply the gel set, it is actually really easy and is very similar to applying normal nail varnish. Therefore, when you have your first go you do think it is really easy to apply, but the finishing touch isn't the same. 
Even though the application is a simple method, it is a hard thing to master it- but once you have they actually look pretty professional. 
However, I must say that you MUST make sure the colour does not touch any of the skin around the nail as it is hard to come off. 


*Colours: 3/5 
There is a wide range of colours to choose from on the website, however I find when you you actually do put the colour on it sometimes doesn't match the same colour as the box. But nonetheless there are a wide range of colours to choose from and with having 12 colours to choose from I really couldn't go wrong. 



*Instructions:  4/5 
With the gel kit a card of instructions with how to apply and remove the gels I found very helpful and not only is there a card but the sensationail has their own you tube account in which it does a step by step in how to apply; making it a lot to make sure you don' t get it wrong. 


*Time: 5/5
I think this is one of the best things about this gel set, as it hardly takes any time at all, from start to finish it literally takes about 40 minutes and they are 100% dry when you have cured them for the last time; and therefore you don't have to worry about smudging them after (Result!!) 

Lasting: 2/5 
For me, this is the most disappointing part of it all, the gel's last for a maximum of a week for me however on my friend they last up to 3 weeks. I don't know if this is because I haven't mastered it yet or because I have weak nails (which the kit has made weaker) but they just don't seem to last. I was probably naive in thinking they'd last for more than 2 weeks but that didn't happen.

All in all, I am happy about the gel kit, although it wasn't what I was expecting and do wish I hadn't spent so much money on 12 colours first of all. Therefore, I would recommend you just start off with one or two and then build it up

 


Happy Sunday 
Kelly 
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment