Sunday 22 March 2015

Movie Review: The Imitation Game.


Sorry I haven't posted for 2 days, I have been so busy doing my essays, literally had no time to do anything else!! But anyway, I watched a film last night and thought I'd do something a little different, and give a review on the Imitation Game. 
This was one of those films that I desperately wanted to see in the cinema, but never got round to it, so I decided to watch it on Sky Box office last night with the whole family. 
If you love WW2 settings for films then this will be right up your street, also if you are interested in Bletchley Park, and the surveillance then again this would be the perfect film for you.
I loved Benedict Cumberbatch's portrayal of Alan Turing, although I was slightly unsure on whether Alan Turing did suffer from asperges syndrome, which is what was hinted at in the film. Nonetheless it was a good portrayal of the man who broke Enigma code. Additionally, Keira Knightly also starred in it and again, I incredibly love her as an actress and think she is such a brilliant actress. 
The plot in itself was interesting and was the story of Alan Turring and the team of mathematicians trying to decode the Nazi's codes. This in itself is obviously an interesting story even if you aren't a history geek or a war geek. The flash backs to his childhood and later life, gave the film another dynamic.
But what I found interning wasn't just the basic story itself, but the message, 'Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine."
I thought this was one of the best quotes in the film and it really stuck out to me, throughout the film Alan is constantly victimised for being different and no one has any hope in his machine working, but in the end his machine is what helps to cut the war down by 2 years. 
But it made me think, it doesn't matter if you are different or have an ambition that people judge you for, if you do everything to try and succeed then you have one up on all the people who told you that you have failed. 

Therefore, I thoroughly enjoyed this film and would definitely watch it again, for one of the hero's of the British Nation who many people have never heard of. It is a bit of a different post but I hope you enjoyed reading it! 


Hope you have a lovely Sunday 
Kelly 
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment