Thursday 12 March 2015

Food: Homemade meatballs and Spaghetti. 


Another food post- I seem to be loving my food recently!!! This is one of my favourite meals I like to make for my family, and was probably the first meal I made on my own and completely from scratch (such a chef!) Ever since I was a child, I have loved cooking and recently started being a bit more adventurous, although this probably isn't the most adventurous meal; however it is fairly easy to make and quick so thats a bonus. 
I loving making food from scratch as I then know exactly what is in it, and can always put the best fresh ingredients in to the recipe to get the best flavours and make it as nutritious and healthy as possible. 
This recipe came from a Comfort Food Cookbook, and consist of fresh basil, glaric, onions, parsley. 
I love cooking Italian food, as its probably the only thing the whole family eats (as we are all fussy in our own special way) But nonetheless it is a very yummy dish to make,and usually theres too much for all of us to eat, so I freeze half of the food to have another day; basically getting 2 meals out of one recipe. 

Ingredients:
The Sauce: 
2X 400g of Tinned Tomatoes 
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic gloves (although I have learnt to just put 2 in) 
1 large onion
 Fresh basil 
Meatballs: 
250g of beef mince
25g of parmesan 
2 eggs 
100g of breadcrumbs  
10g of chopped parsley 
3 tablespoons of extra virgin Olive oil.  

Method: 
1)Added the tinned tomatoes, extra virgin oil, chopped up garlic gloves and onion into a saucepan and simmer for 40 minutes. 
2) Add all the meatball ingredients together and stir together with a wooden spoon, create the meats balls into walnut size balls and cook for 10 minutes and then turn over and cook for another 8 minutes in 180 degree oven temperature. 
3)Boil your pasta for however long you usually do (I had fresh pasta- so it only took 5 minutes) and then it should all be complete! 

The Sauce- after all ingrediants are added


The meatball 'mixture' 


The meatballs

The finish product (I did try and make it look pretty!)
Hope you had a good day!
Kelly 
oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment